KUBO Handcrafted architectural acrylic lenses; Kubo’s signature three-dimensional cubes of light feature fully-saturated illumination for all applications. Available in single or multiple sizes and shapes,…
Lighting Controls Service Technician
Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD Markets
Commensurate with Experience
Medical, Dental, Profit Sharing, 401K,
Accrued Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Holidays
Chesapeake Lighting, a leading manufacturer’s representative for commercial and industrial lighting and controls, is currently seeking a Lighting Controls Service Technician for a project management / customer service position, with focus on commercial lighting controls applications to support our Lighting Controls division. This person will work closely with our Sales, Field Techs, and Project Management Teams, and support the efforts of our outside Salespeople by assisting in the commissioning of our lighting controls systems. This position will also be trained to provide technical support and troubleshooting of our lighting controls products.
- Review drawings and specifications to understand lighting controls requirements
- Troubleshooting and commissioning of installed systems.
- Serve as a technical resource to staff as well as customers
- Minimum of (1) year experience as a field technician
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Understanding of basic electrical distribution
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced qualifications a bonus, but not required
- Knowledge of wireless communications protocols such as ZigBee, Wi-Fi, IR, etc.
- Familiarity with control theory technical education in Low Voltage Controls, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Technology, Wireless Communications and Radio Frequency (RF) Technology, or equivalent technical experience.
- Advanced computer skills including AutoCAD 2D, or Blue Beam. Ability to quickly learn proprietary configuration software for various systems
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Familiarity with automation systems
- Experience with DMX distribution
- Knowledge of Industrial and other control systems
- Knowledge of energy codes and sustainable lighting practices
If interested in applying, please send your confidential resume to: [email protected]
Chesapeake Lighting is an EEO Employer